Mask Network to Launch the 4th Web3 Social Grant Round with $25k Pool on Gitcoin
The 4th round of the Web3 Social Grant is being launched in the Gitcoin Grant round. The Web3 Social theme, initiated by Mask Network, is the only social-themed Grant in Gitcoin. In the past three rounds of the Web3 Social Grant, more than 200 projects successfully applied for and received Grant funding. Mask Network is deeply engaged in the Web3 Social field and is pleased to see many outstanding projects applied to the Web3 Social Grant round, and we can together promote the Web3 Social ecosystem.
Why Projects Should Apply
As the only Web3 Social Grant on Gitcoin, the Grant is very suitable for social-type projects.
- First, the project can gain visibility and exposure to a broader audience.
- Second, it has the potential to earn recognition and support from community users.
- Third, because Gitcoin Grant uses the Quadratic Funding mechanism, more popular projects will receive the most fair rewards. The donation come not only from the sponsorship of Mask Network but also from community users.
Who Should Apply
The main criterion for the Web3 Social Round is that your project is within the Web3 social field. This can be any idea related to Web3 social, but we are particularly interested in the Web3 infrastructure layer, information distribution protocol, data storage, Web3 social dApps, and on-chain games.
Project Review Rules
- The project should focus on Web3 Social-related topics. We recommend exploring Web3 infrastructure layers, information distribution protocols, data storage, Web3 social dApps, and on-chain games.
- Provide web pages (Notion pages recommended) and documents with complete information.
- We strongly recommend that the project have a demo to facilitate the display of functions.
How to Apply
- Visit the Gitcoin Grants GG18 homepage and find the Web3 Social application in the Feature Rounds section, or go directly to the Web3 Social Round.
2. After clicking on the application, connect your wallet and create a project. The difference from previous rounds is that the Grant round is deployed on the Optimism network, which greatly reduces the gas fee.
3. Once you have completed the relevant application information, click “Submit” and complete the subsequent contract deployment (as shown in the figure below).
Telegram Invitation: https://t.me/+7ayUBR0WIcs1MjJl
About Mask Ecosystem
We are building a Web3 social ecosystem through investment in internal products and external ecology.
- Mask Network — Browser Plugin
- Firefly — Web3 Twitter Mobile Client
- Next.ID — Our next-generation ID aggregation solution
- RSS3 — Information distribution protocol
- Web3MQ — Messaging and notification protocol
- Metaforo — Forum solution
- Metachat — Chat aggregator
- Alphagram — Web3 Telegram
- QuestN — Social marketing tool
- Interface.social — Next-generation information flow application
Mask does not establish a closed ecology like other projects but aims to create a more open and broader world. The Mask ecosystem aggregates many social protocols. This way, we can build a comprehensive ecology with many different protocols and applications. In addition, we do not require projects to integrate related protocols immediately, which is more friendly to new Web3 projects and allows projects to integrate related social protocols at the appropriate time.
In addition to the Web3 Social Grant Round, the Mask Ecosystem also offers various plans:
- Mask bounty program
- Mask dropout scholarship
- Mask Grant program
- Mask Web3 Social Grant
- ETHShanghai Hackathon (internal)
- Network State Hackathon (in collaboration with Matchbox, supported by Starkware)
- ETHBeijing (external)
- Moonshot Hackathon (external)
- ETHTokyo Hackathon (external)
- ETHGlobal Paris Hackathon (external)
… more hackathons (constantly updated)!
Visit Mask Ecosystem Public Page for more information.